Three Easy Ways to Use Leftover Sandwich Crusts
After making all your amazing sandwich creations with your Lunch Punch sandwich cutters, you may have some leftover bread crusts. But don't throw them away, you can make some delicious snacks and meals using crusts and a handful of everyday ingredients.
We have compiled our favourite Three Easy Ways to Use Leftover Sandwich Crusts that taste amazing, are simple to make and most importantly kid approved!
Sweet or Savoury Crust "Chips"
Turn your crusts into tasty crispy "chips" that can be either sweet or savoury. Play around with different flavours and spices to create your own delicious versions. They are the perfect size for little hands to hold and kids love the crispy texture.
1. Dip crusts into melted butter then toss in a mix of sugar and cinnamon (for sweet) or paprika and parmesan (for savoury)
2. Bake in a moderate oven or air fry until crunchy (this should only take 5-8 mins).
3. Toss through excess sugar or spice mix and enjoy!
Fun food tip! Serve crust chips with a Jumbo Silicone Cup filled with a delicious dip on the side!
When the kids are asking for chicken nuggets AGAIN, make your own chicken tenders with fresh breadcrumbs for a meal that you can not only feel good about but will also want to eat yourself!
Try our easy 3 ingredient version:
1. Cook bread crusts in the air-fryer for 5 mins until golden. Blitz in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs.
2. Dip pieces of chicken into melted butter then coat with breadcrumbs.
3. Bake in a moderate oven or cook at 180°C in the air fryer until cooked through and nice and crispy!
Fun food tip! Use Jumbo Silicone Cups for sauces and dips on the side or try serving on Stix for chicken "kebabs" - so much fun!
Croutons are a great way to add crunchy texture to a variety of dishes, from salad to soup, or even just as a snack. Kids love them and it's such a quick and easy way to use up your crusts.
Use your croutons to make a yummy Caesar Salad which is a great way to introduce salad veggies to kids.
1. Toss cubed crusts in olive oil and cook at 200°C for 10-12 mins until golden brown and perfectly crisp.
2. Serve croutons with iceberg lettuce, bacon and parmesan for a salad kids will want to eat!
Fun food tip! Use our Sandwich Cutters for a fun sandwich or cheese shapes on the side.
Have you got any other clever ways to use up crusts? Don't forget to tag us on Instagram, we would love to see your ideas!